What is Esports betting?
E-sports are not truly physical sports like football, basketball, tennis, badminton, cricket, and boxing; instead, this game is heavily reliant on electronic equipment such as gaming computers and other gaming peripherals, as well as the game software.
Esports are streamed live, with millions of people watching contests around the world at any given time, resulting in esports becoming a billion-dollar industry in past years. There are two types of esports: simulation of real-life sports (FIFA, NBA, and MLS, for example) and classic esports games like League of Legends, DOTA 2, and CS:GO.
Esports are high-intensity video games. Fans of the games can bet on their favourite teams to win a multi-million-dollar prize in a single event. Furthermore, esports are gaining traction in a number of countries, including Singapore, Malaysia, Korea, China, and the United States. Esports are expected to overtake traditional sports such as football, soccer, and cricket as the most popular in the future.
Esports betting is a relatively new form of entertainment that is enjoyed by millions of people. One of the newest popular pastimes is esports betting. Every day, thousands of matches are played, with bookmakers offering odds on every aspect of competitive play. Competitive gaming is referred to as esports. It’s similar to traditional sports in many ways, with fans following teams, watching matches, and betting on who will win.
Betting on esports has grown in popularity in recent years. It did, however, begin some time ago, long before professional video gaming became popular. The difference was that most betting was done on an informal basis back then. Early esports betting was primarily done within the video gaming community. There was really no choice; bookmakers and betting websites had not yet paid attention to competitive video gaming, so anyone who wanted to bet on events had to make private wagers with other people.
The popularity of Esports Betting
It is not surprising that e-sports have become extremely popular in recent years. Online gaming has always been a popular recreational activity among young people, and now that competitive online gaming is recognised as a sport, more and more people are investing time in playing the games.
The growth of e-sports also caused a shift in the online gambling landscape, as online bookmakers have seen an opportunity to add another sport for bettors to wager on. Even so, online gaming has taken the virtual world by storm, and Singapore esports betting adds to the excitement of gambling in online casinos Singapore like MMC996 and other casinos alike. Singapore is also a well-known hub for hosting e-sports game competitions, with many famous e-sports players residing there. Popular MOBA games such as League of Legends and Dota 2 are popular among Singaporean gamers.
Best Singapore Esports Betting Sites
- Bet365 – Bet365 is a premier online sportsbook. It was founded in 2001 and has since provided numerous sports betting services to millions of sports betting fans worldwide. This sportsbook operates legally thanks to a UKGC licence, making it a safe and trustworthy bookmaker. Users of this bookmaker have access to a large number of sports betting opportunities, such as a large number of sports betting events, great odds, betting markets, and the ability for bettors to use the various payment systems available, such as cryptocurrency payments such as bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, skrill, Visa/MasterCard, and many more.
- 1xBet – The 1xBet online sportsbook is one of the most well-known names in esports betting sites. This sportsbook has carved out a niche for itself, becoming a household name in the world of online sports betting and gambling. The 1XBet sportsbook operates legally thanks to a Curacao government licence. This sportsbook provides its users with a wide range of sports betting events, including football, volleyball, handball, golf, basketball, and many others, in addition to providing excellent betting opportunities, allows its customers to withdraw and deposit funds into their sports betting user accounts using cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin, and Ethereum, as well as traditional payment methods such as credit cards, e-wallets, and local transfers.
- Dafabet – The Dafabet online sportsbook is one of the best sportsbooks, providing a large number of sports betting fans with the best betting and gaming opportunities. This esports betting sites offers a large selection of pre-match and live-betting sports events to its customers. The Dafabet online sportsbook is a legitimate online sports betting service provider, as evidenced by licences obtained from jurisdictions other than Singapore.
Popular Esports Games to Bet in Singapore
- League of legends – League of Legends is a collaborative sport. It’s been remarkable to see which teams have become legendary in just over a decade. South Korean sides with formidable skills, such as SK Telecom T1, should feature prominently in your betting strategies, as they have a proven track record of performing well at top-level LoL tournaments.
- DOTA 2 – Valve Corporation created and published Dota 2, a free-to-play video game. Dota 2 is one of the most successful Esports ever, as well as one of the most popular MOBA games, with over 10 million active players. There are hundreds of professional teams and a professional circuit (dubbed the Dota Pro Circuit) that hosts approximately 25 major tournaments each year. Betting on Dota 2 is one of the best ways to make these events more exciting.
- Call of Duty – The Call of Duty League is strikingly similar to how Blizzard’s flagship game, Overwatch, launched its league. While the Call of Duty World League is no longer in existence, this new COD esports competition is poised to take the world by storm. COD League, like the Overwatch League, will have teams in 12 US cities, with some franchises already in place and others competing for the first time.
- Counter Strike – Counter-Strike may appear to be extremely simple. Two teams of five try to plant a bomb while the other team tries to prevent the bomb from being planted. The game continues until one team wins 16 rounds out of a possible 30 rounds (not including overtime). This means that both teams must devise efficient strategies for all of those rounds.
- Valorant – This game is a hybrid of the popular FPS and Battle Arena genres. In this regard, the game resembles titles such as CSGO, Overwatch, and Apex Legends. Valorant intends to hold several tournaments each year. Valorant’s esports betting sites can benefit from these tournaments to increase their visibility. Riot Games promotes several tournaments each year, so expectations are high. Valorant is no exception, so now is a good time for Valorant’s betting sites to recruit new customers.
- Starcraft – StarCraft’s races demanded vastly different playing styles. Zerg tactics relied on cheap, plentiful units designed to swarm an opponent, whereas Protoss armies were made up of a small number of expensive, powerful units. Terrans found a happy medium between the two, with units that were reasonably priced and plentiful.
How to bet on Esport Games
- Real money betting – Real money betting is the most basic form of singapore esports betting and is identical to traditional sports betting. Simply select the tournament or event of interest, select your market and match, and put your esports wager. Then all you have to do is wait for the results.
- In-game items Betting – This virtual currency is typically distributed in the form of in-game items or graphic downloads for the game or characters.
Esports Betting Tips
- Research esports teams – There are numerous esports teams and players, making it difficult to keep up with all of the new updates. Using resources to find out the latest rumours and gossip about an upcoming esports tournament is a good idea.
- Try live esports betting now – By watching events unfold on-screen via a streaming site like Twitch, you can adjust your betting strategies in response to changing odds in in-play betting markets and experience the thrill of landing a winning bet at the last minute.
- Sit tight till the best tournaments come – When the larger tournaments take place, you can expect better odds from the bookmakers. There are also more decent esports betting tips and a greater number of betting markets for the major gaming competitions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Betting on Esports Legal in Singapore?
- Even though there have been few reported cases of people getting in trouble for their actions, online gambling is technically illegal in Singapore. This means that if you are betting on esports from Singapore, you should consider using a VPN, which will mask your online activities to some extent.
- Is Esports Easy to bet?
- Yes, it is. Typically, you simply need to click on the desired odds, which will be added to your betting slip. Then you must decide how much money you are willing to risk on your esports wager. Most betting slips will calculate your potential winnings for you automatically. And once you’ve clicked the ‘place bet’ icon, all you have to do is sit back and wait for your winning result.